Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Final part of Democratic response - 1.24.2007.3

Finishing post from parts 1 & 2...

...

The emphasis on change is fine. To question the plans in place is great. Of course that is based on being able to actually provide a plan in place of the one given. It’s of no use to cry sour grapes, in my opinion, when you have nothing to offer in its place. And as well worded as the comments may be, how hopeful for change, it is meaningless when not one Democrat has offered a single plan, in detail of any sort – including leaving, as a counter-offer to consider. I think the reference to Viet Nam and Korea is correct, though not for the reasons intended by the Democrats.

And lastly, I am offended. I do not believe ANY political party should have the indigence to threaten the President of the United States. How dare them. To state that if the President does not do what their party wants (not what the American people want or is in their best interest) they will ‘show him the way.” Who do the Democrats think they are? They are referring to the Commander-and-Chief. Respect is due. Whether or not they block everything the President wishes respect is called for. They have forgotten their place; they are one of 3 branches of government. They are no greater than any other part, just as is the President. To speak in such a manner is to not give the trust given to leaders in the past, to not seek out the best option for the nation, to be partisan above being patriotic and rude. That is what I think.

Senator spoke for the Democratic Party. Given that, the Democratic Party has spoken poorly. I am sure they are hoping for few viewers of they comments, few reading the newspapers and internet copies of the President and their response. I am sure they are counting on the few seconds long soundbites to be in their favor, promoted by the media, and convincing the general public that they have the ‘average man’ in mind. Well I am an ‘average man’ and I do pay attention. Their comments failed to sway me, rather they evoked my anger. Maybe my readers, you will think different. Somehow I think not.

This is what I think, what do you think?

Labels: , , ,



Ask for ad rates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ask for ad rates