Sunday, March 19, 2006

A different style poem

A recent poem that I wrote. I just need to express thoughts from time to time. If you would like to read som or my other works go to Poems.

Black Dress

Sometimes I am caught unawares
As you pass and steal my breath
I find my vision trapped
By your visage which enraptures me
The memory gives me a shiver

My senses are alive and wild
your smell has awakened my heart
seeing you captures my mind
The hope of your caress fills my chest

It’s sensual and carnal, deep & eternal
Words fail to explain what the soul feels
My body tingles and pulses

But there is a weight as well
To free the chains that bind
A sacrifice of self was made
And Pain Abounds

Yet there is no regret
No voice of Doubt or mistake
To gain happiness for another
Is worth the internal strife

The hands are not mine that hold you
Nor my lips that you kiss
Our intimate embrace dismissed



But I’ve done the right thing
No matter the personal cost
Ultimate happiness

There is no greater gift
No realization more deep
That for all the love given
It was incomplete

Yet malice was not the aim
Nor a loss of love the reward
True freedom

The one thing not given before
And strength to endure the challenges
A lonely place for one
And empowering another

But isn’t that what you do for love


And still seeing you,
A boon not wished soon lost
Dressed like once long ago

My heart flutters
My face grows flush
As I swoon

Life has no right
And too many wrongs
Joys far to short
With pain all to long.



Ask for ad rates

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, April 25, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem means so much to me. it brings so much into focus things that got a little fuzzy and fogged. One word sums this up. Elegant. Thank you , you are beyond wonderful. forever your soul....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ask for ad rates