Saturday, December 01, 2007

Live coverage of the Heartland Presidential Forum - 12.1.2007.3

Since this is a live event I will be blogging sporaticly through out the event, taking notes inbetween. Some of the posts will be very short, and I apoligize if my typing is bad. I will try to be as careful as possible, and I will try to get any quotes as accurate as possible.

One of the first things that I want to note is that the link via TV One is pretty good. While it takes a bit to load up, it comes across on my laptop quite well. The image quality of the streaming video is impressive. As is the sound.

The Forum has gathered a reported 5,000 people, some traveling 12 hours on a bus to get there. The people at the forum come 32 states in total. That goes to show how important this debate, and more directly the election is.

Given this commitment I have to wonder why any of the frontrunners of the Republican party have declined to show up as has been reported. Given this is a very democratic themed debate, still it is the last one before the primaries start on January 4th.

The intros are taking a bit of time. Many people are all taking a moment to stand on their soapboxes, and that's a good thing. But I have to admit it does sound a bit like a revival meeting. I'm far more interested in the debate than the mayor and where they are from.

Correction it's not a debate, and the only Republican who did show was turned away by the lawyers. They were afraid it was biased, though there are several Democrats on hand. Shame. I really wanted to see how he would respond. Even moreso how the frotrunners would. It looks bad when they won't appear before 5000 Americans, but want to take on the highet office of the nation.

More soon.

Labels: , ,



Ask for ad rates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ask for ad rates