Friday, December 14, 2007

Pros and Cons of Republican Presidential candidates

Not long ago I created a list of Pros and Cons of the leading Democratic Presidential candidates. To be fair and to see the differences I have complied a Pros and Con list for the leading major Republican candidates.

I do not presume that this list is all-encompassing. I recognize that while I have tried to be neutral, just as I was with the Democrats, Iā€™m sure there are areas where my personal views entered. I do not claim my list is complete or how everyone feels. But I believe it is accurate.

Some issues may fall on both sides, because depending on personal views it is a positive or negative. Most are far more easily categorized. If you disagree, please make a comment and give your reasons why. You may be right, so why not share your thoughts?

You can see some of my source information at On The Issues and 2008 Election ProCon.

Now for the breakdowns (in alphabetical order):



    Rudy Giuliani

    Pros ā€“

  • 9/11
  • For the Death Penalty
  • Finish Iraq war
  • No Nuke Iran
  • Waterboarding (Torture ok)
  • Mayor of largest U.S. City
  • Lower taxes

    Cons ā€“

  • Mixed on Gun Control
  • No International experience
  • Flipped on gay marriage
  • Mayor was highest level of public service experience
  • Relies heavily on 9/11
  • Flipped on Immigration policies
  • Horrendous Civil Liberties (Amidou Diallo, Patrick Dorismond, ect)
  • Sold out 42nd Street to corporations

Continued in Part 2...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,



Ask for ad rates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ask for ad rates