Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What are your next 90 days - 11.22.2006.1

“Every day mankind has learned something new. 1500 years ago people thought the world was flat, one day we discovered that mold on bread could give us penicillin, and today you have found me. What do you imagine will happen tomorrow when you learn what I can do for you?” – Michael Vass

I was recently talking with a dear old friend and we were discussing her new business venture. In this conversation I mentioned a few things and I thought I’d pass them on. One of the most important thoughts is to believe in your own success. I mean deep down believe it. You can only be as successful as you think you are, that is the only real limit. If you believe you can do it, it can be done; it’s just a matter of when in my opinion.

Another is don’t be afraid of your passions. When anyone buys anything that was sold to them they bought the salesperson. The passion of the salesperson is what makes the deal. I’ve sold clients positions in a stock that I believed in and sounded like a maniac. I was bouncing back and forth on the facts (meaning from describing the company and providing the financials) like a rookie, but the passion and excitement I had was never in question. Often that was the reason, or the critical factor in the purchase of the stock. If people will buy a stock, an immaterial item at an arbitrary valuation that will be held for an indeterminate timeframe and sold for an unknown price, then anything else is an easy sell, if you believe in it and yourself.

If you apply yourself you will be in a better position in life in 90 days. This works for every aspect in life. You want a better body, lose weight, learn a language, memorize the dictionary, or improve your business it can all be done in 90 days. All you have to do is apply yourself. Even if you fall short of the target by a bit, you will have improved. But you have to stick to it, every day. Focused and dedicated. Self-disciplined and motivated. This has worked in my life many times. I’ve seen it work for others.

Every day we all have a choice. In the next 90 days we can do one of 3 things. Go forward to our goal, ignore our goal and do nothing, or go down and spiral out of control. Whichever you chose you will achieve. If you want better you can get it. If you do nothing you can be assured of getting nothing. And if you want to fail nothing in the world will prevent it.

That is not to say that everything will be smooth sailing. That everything will go your way when you do these things. These are not the secrets to success. You must still overcome your fear of success. Everyone has that fear; just the threshold is higher for some. Someone like Donald Trump may have a fear of success in the billions; a kid in elementary school may fear becoming class president. Overcoming the fear is part of the strength in you. And everyone has that strength.

In my opinion 95% of the people in the world are unwilling to try, for whatever reason they will give. Virtually all will not be willing to go and spend the 90 days and improve. Fear and ill-defined goals get in the way and excuses slip in. For those that do make it through the 90 days, they are that much further ahead of almost everyone else.

And only you can do it. No matter what I say, or what example I can give, YOU must make the changes and the decision. Think about it, you can learn a language in 90 days. It can’t be given to you. You can create a business that is yours. You can improve your life. But you have to do it.

I can’t really say more than that.

This is what I think, what do you think?

Labels: , , ,



Ask for ad rates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ask for ad rates